Uploads with ZCB fail with the following error:
Cloud communication error[CLOUD_ERROR_SignatureDoesNotMatch]
What's going on?
Uploads with ZCB are done in "chunks", and a new connection to Amazon S3 is made each time a new chunk is ready to upload.
Every connection attempt can be routed to a different IP address at Amazon.
Currently, all connections to Amazon endpoints at IP 54.240.235.x are failing. When enough failures happen in a row, ZCB will fail the backup and return the error Cloud communication error[CLOUD_ERROR_SignatureDoesNotMatch].
Until a fix for servers at 54.240.235.x is made at Amazon, we recommend that users force all connections to Amazon to use a known good IP address.
The easiest way to do so is by modifying the hosts file on the machine where ZCB is installed.
Step 1: Open the hosts file
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad
2. Click File -> Open
3. In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
4. Click Open
Open the hosts file in Windows Vista and above
WIndows Vista and above use User Account Control (UAC), so Notepad must be run as Administrator.
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2. Right click Notepad and select Run as administrator
3. Click Continue on the "Windows needs your permission" UAC window.
4. When Notepad opens Click File -> Open
5. In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
6. Click Open
Step 2: Modify the hosts file
At the bottom of the hosts file, add this line:
Step 3: Save the hosts file
Save the hosts file. This should eliminate the Cloud communication error[CLOUD_ERROR_SignatureDoesNotMatch] error.