Send Logs to Support
The log files generated by ZCB are often required to resolve complex problems. When opening a ticket, or if asked to by support, please collect and send the log files.
How to send logs
- Click on Help > Send Logs.
- If you are not currently running with DEBUG logging enabled, you will be prompted to reproduce the error.
- Please see below for more information about how to reproduce your error.
- Select Continue Anyway if you do not wish to reproduce the error.
- If you have already enabled DEBUG logging, or if you chose to continue, a new window will appear.
- Enter your Zmanda Network email address or the case number for your support case.
- Make sure Upload logs automatically is checked.
- You may check Open logs folder location in Windows Explorer if you wish to view the logs yourself.
- Click Continue
- A black command prompt window will appear and display information about the log collection process.
- When complete, the window will say Press any key to continue...
- Pressing any key will close the window.
- Please do not close this window manually before this message appears, or you may interrupt the log collection process.
- Inform your support representative that the logs have been uploaded!
It is very important to inform your support representative that the logs have been uploaded. Support representatives do not receive any sort of automatic notification.
How to reproduce an error
It is best to enable DEBUG logging and reproduce the error before the logs are sent.
You will be prompted to reproduce the issue with DEBUG logging enabled, if you have not already done so.
- Click on Help > Change Log Level > DEBUG to enable DEBUG logging.
- DEBUG logging generates the most information and allows support representatives to discover and resolve issues much more quickly.
- Perform the action that failed the first time.
- For example, if you attempted a backup and it failed, you should run the backup again.