You receive the error message:
Background service could not be started. Please check Preference > Ports to see if ZCB ports are in use.
What's going on?
ZCB runs three services in the background:
- ZWC-Database (ZCB 4.8 or higher) or ZWC-MySQL (ZCB 4.7 and lower)
All three services are essential to ZCB operation. If one or more services cannot start, an error will appear.
- Verify that the ports required by ZCB are not blocked.
- If services still fail to start, check for errors in your Application Event and System Event logs.
- In some environments, the Services must have "Log on as a Service" rights. If this is the case, the logon failure will be noted in the Application Event Logs.
- If you still need assistance, please collect logs and open a support case.