ZCB offers many ways to delete backup data. Data can be deleted automatically, via retention policy, or manually in one of several methods.
All cloud data deletions require extensive communication with the cloud storage providers, and may take a long time to complete.
Deleted data cannot be recovered.
Manual Data Deletion
ZCB offers several ways to manually delete data on the cloud or on local disk.
Deletions can take a long time to finish, so please be patient.
Method 1: Use the "Delete All Backups Finished Before..." function
Choose this method if you have a large amount of data to delete or if the data you need to delete was uploaded by another machine.
The Delete All Backups Finished Before... function is found in the File menu.
Please see How to use the Delete All Backups Finished Before function for step-by-step instructions.
Method 2: Delete Backup Runs Via the Report Page
Choose this method if you wish to delete a small number of individual backup runs.
- Navigate to the Report page
- Click on the backup run you wish to delete. You may select multiple backup runs by holding CTRL or SHIFT key while clicking.
- Right-click to bring up the action menu.
- Click "Delete Backup Run" to begin the deletion.
- A pop-up appears to confirm your decision.
- Deletion will begin. This operation requires communication with our cloud storage partners and can take a very long time, depending on the amount of data being removed. Please be patient.
Method 3: Delete the Backup Set
Choose this method if you wish to remove a backup set and all data associated with it.
- Select your backup set
- Visit the File menu
- Choose the Delete Backup Set option.
- A prompt will appear.
- Select the option to delete the backup set configuration and all backup data from disk and cloud.
Method 4: Delete Data Via the Global Dashboard
Choose this method if you prefer to delete data from a web interface.
- Log into your dashboard at http://zgd.zmanda.com
- Select the backups you wish to delete by placing a checkmark in the box on the left.
- Click the Delete From Cloud button
Automatic Data Deletion via Retention Policy
Backup data that meets its retention policy will be deleted automatically within 24 hours. No further action is necessary.