- The error "The following databases are configured with Simple Recovery model and will be skipped during Incremental (Log) backup." appears when one or more of the following actions is performed:
- A backup set is saved
- A backup set is validated
- A backup is triggered manually or via schedule
- A list of databases will be displayed as part of the error message.
What's going on?
Databases configured with the SIMPLE recovery model cannot be backed up with an Incremental (Log) backup.
Please see this Microsoft article for more information about database recovery models.
There are several possible solutions:
- Reconfigure the database(s) to use the FULL recovery model via the SQL Management Console.
- Do not perform Incremental (Log) backups of SIMPLE database(s)