Zmanda Cloud Backup creates the amandabackup user during installation. This user is used for backup and restoration, and is critical to the process.
You can create amandabackup in the Windows domain. All future ZCB installations will use this domain user instead of creating a local user.
To convert a amandabackup local user to domain user
On the domain controller:
- Go to Start -> Administrative Tools -> Active Directory Users
- Click on Computers -> Select the amandabackup user
- Click on the account tab -> add the logon name and set the password to never expire (optional).
- Ensure that "account is disabled" is unchecked.
- Click on the member of tab. Click on Add. Add the user to the Domain Admins group.