Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Installing ZCB
- Backup Overview
- Save Configuration
- Start Backing Up!
- Monitoring the Backup Runs
- Checking Usage and Buying More Storage
- Learning More
ZCB is a secure and convenient way to back up Windows workstations and servers to Local Folder or Cloud storage (Amazon S3). With ZCB, you can select any of the following as backup type:
- Windows NTFS files and folders
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2012
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, 2010 and WSS 3.0
- Windows System State (including the registry, certificate server, and active directory information)
- MySQL Server 5.x
- Oracle Server 11i, 11g, or later.
Getting started with ZCB is easy and you can start backing up in less than 15 minutes. This guide introduces you to the main steps of configuring and running your first backup.
Before you begin:
- Make sure your machine has JRE 6 (Update 20 or higher) installed. You need to install the correct package for your machine platform (32 bit or 64 bit) from here.
- Make sure your security/anti-virus program allows for installation of system services.
ZCB leverages the highly robust Amazon S3 infrastructure. The metering of customer usage and billing is performed by Amazon Web Services. Hence, to set up ZCB correctly with Amazon S3, perform the following steps:
- Complete the ZCB purchase from Zmanda Website. At the end of the process, you will be redirected to your Zmanda Network account page.
- Download ZCB and your Zmanda, Inc certificate named s3.zmanda from the Zmanda Network. This certificate is used by ZCB only to identify your ZCB account to Amazon and can't be used for any other purpose, such as encryption.
- Install ZCB. You will be asked to provide a password for a new Windows user named amandabackup. Please remember/document this password as you will need it to perform certain advanced operations.
- In the Windows Start Menu, locate ZCB.
When ZCB starts up, you need to import the s3.zmanda certificate which you downloaded from the Zmanda Network. To import, click on Cloud -> Import Cloud Certificate and input your cloud certificate's location.
If you see the message below, congratulations! You now have ZCB up and running! If you see an error, double check the steps and contact support if the problem persists.
You can click Cloud > Check Cloud Connection in the ZCB user interface at any other time to check connectivity to Amazon S3.
Logically, the task of managing your backups involves answering four key questions:
- What you want to back up?
- Where you want to back up and for how long?
- How you want to back up?
- When you want to back up?
A ZCB backup is made up of your answers to the above four basic questions.
Create a backup set
As shown below, upon first use ZCB offers you a choice to create a new backup set. Choose this option and create your first backup set. Please note that backup set names are limited to 32 characters and you cannot use Windows reserved characters such as /|?_.<>*":+&
Choose what type of data you want to backup – File System or an application such as Microsoft Exchange Server. If you have chosen File System, select the folders/files which you wish to backup. For your convenience, ZCB automatically selects files/folders in your home directory. You can deselect the files which you don't wish to include in your backup set.
Choose where you wish to store your backup data. You have the following choices:
- Only Cloud Storage: Choose the desired Amazon data center from the dropdown under the Cloud Storage section.
- Only Local Storage: Choose the local disk location using browse button under the Local Storage section
- Both Cloud and Local Storage: Choose desired locations from both under the Local Storage section and the Cloud Storage section
Click on Secure Transfer check box to make the data transfers to the cloud SSL-enabled.
Choose the desired compression setting to reduce the size of backup data ZCB stores and transfers to the cloud.
Encrypting your data is easier than ever, so that your data is truly secure at all times. Please refer to your User Guide for details.
If you wish to do a manual backup, click on the Backup Now tab as shown in the Start Backing Up! section below. If, however, you wish to add a backup schedule, click on the Add Schedule button to choose from easy to use schedule templates.
Full, Differential, or Incremental Backups?
Your first backup should be a Full backup. Once it is complete, you can use Differential or Incremental backups to reduce the time and size of your future backup runs.
Please see What are Incremental and Differential backups? for more information on different backup levels.
Congratulations! Your first backup set is now configured. Save the backup set configuration by clicking the Save backup-set-name button at the bottom of the page.
Start Backing Up!
If you have added schedules for backups, the backups will start at the configured time and you can sit back!
If you have not added backup schedules and wish to instead run an immediate backup to cloud manually, you can do so. Choose the Backup to Cloud operation from the dropdown list in the Backup When section and press the Backup to cloud now button.
That's it! Your data will now start getting backed up and will soon be completely protected in the robust and reliable storage of Amazon S3!
Monitoring the Backup Runs
You can monitor the backup tasks being run by ZCB on the Monitor page. This page shows information about all ongoing tasks for all of your backup sets, giving you a consolidated view of what ZCB is doing at any moment.
Using ZCB Global Dashboard
ZCB Global Dashboard is a web interface which enables you to monitor backup activity across multiple ZCB machines and even multiple ZCB accounts. A sample screenshot is below:
Checking Usage and Buying More Storage
This section pertains to ZCB with Google Storage only.
You can check your usage and buy more storage through the Cloud menu, as shown below. Simply click the appropriate option.
We understand that you will have more questions about the way ZCB works. We recommend that you check out ZCB FAQs. For detailed instructions about particular features, you can refer to the.
n case you need technical assistance, please open a support case by clicking on Help > Contact Support in the ZCB user interface. For any general query, you can write to us at email@example.com.