- You accidentally deleted an Organization Unit in AD.
- Synchronization between DCs took place and deletion of this object propagated to other domain controllers.
- You run a System State restore on one of the domain controllers. By default, this is a non-authoritative restore.
- The restored AD database contains deleted objects, but its version is older than the database present on the on other DCs.
- The Domain Controller with the restored Active Direstory Directory is rebooted into to normal mode, and synchronization with other DCs will occur.
- The deleted object that were restored will NOT appear in AD, because the synchronization process will once again propagated the deletion of this object.