Upon installation, ZCB creates a new local user named amandabackup, and users are given the choice to make amandabackup a local user or a domain user.
For fine-grained access control, ZCB uses amandabackup for performing all backup related tasks.
What does amandabackup do?
amandabackup is used for nearly every ZCB function, including:
- Scheduling operations such as backup, upload, download, and restore.
- Starting operations triggered manually.
- Accessing encryption certificates.
- Storing encryption passphrases.
- Accessing mapped network drives.
- Running background services.
ZCB creates amandabackup with administrator privileges, which are required for backup-related tasks.
Windows domains and amandabackup
If you intend to run ZCB in a domain environment, amandabackup should be created as a domain user during installation.
Please see How to use external or mapped network drives with ZCB, if you plan to in a Windows Domain environment.
Additional information about amandabackup
To update the amandabackup user password, please see How to update the amandabackup user password.