In most circumstances, ZCB will upload the logs automatically when Help > Send Logs is clicked. Please see Collecting ZCB logs for troubleshooting.
However, in some cases, automatic upload is not possible or fails. Zmanda provides a customer-facing FTP server for such cases.
Please connect using the following credentials.
You may use the built-in Windows functionality or the FTP client of your choice.
Notes on usage:
- When connecting to the FTP server using an FTP client. For example:
- Use a passive connection (PASV mode) to connect to the FTP server.
- The contents of the anonymous-upload directory cannot be listed, even after a successful file upload. The Support Team will alert you if your file(s) did not arrive as expected.
- The anonymous-upload account forbids creating directories. Attempting to create a directory will return a permission denied error. If you need to upload many files at once, please pack them into a tarball or a zip archive for upload as a single file.
- The Support Team will not have immediate access to the uploaded file(s). Please allow 15 minutes after successful upload.
- If you experience any problems uploading to the FTP site, please update your support case or email email@example.com
- The files can be found in one of the following locations:
- For Windows XP and 2003, log archives will be in the \misc\ folder in your ZCB installation directory.
- For Windows Vista, 2008, and higher, log archives will be in C:\ProgramData\Zmanda\Zmanda Cloud Backup(x64)\misc\.
You must notify Support once your upload has been completed. Support is not notified automatically.